Old 14-02-2003, 04:39 AM
Cass

Default Drought and Roses

Julia wrote:

Cass wrote:
Does anyone know how these polymers act when there is heavy rain? We
have that Medierranean climate issue, 6 months of some rain,
occasionally really heavy, 6 months of sure drought. I don't want them
to drown in the rainy season, when the soils get completely saturated.

If you've followed the directions (this is key), not used too much, and
mulched heavily, they're fine. If not, they tend to rise to the soil
surface. Looks like clear jello which is kinda' weird. And you sure
don't want that underfoot as it's quite slippery and you don't want to
end up on your tookus. The soil dries out faster than the polymers, of
course. I've never had a problem with them holding too much water.

Yeah, but your annual rainfall is...5 inches? What Allegra says makes
sense. I sure could use something in the pots when I got away during
the summer. I think the garden would be too big a job.