Old 11-03-2003, 06:32 AM
jammer

Default OT-Pennies, how do I redeem 'em?

On 09 Mar 2003 23:45:23 GMT, c (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Take 'em to a bank? Doesn't work, at least in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
I have around $100 worth, rolled and wrapped. A few years ago there was a penny
shortage. One local bank offered a $5 gift certificate at a local restaurant
for $50 worth of pennies. Being a DA, I didn't turn mine in. Now I wish I had.
So, any suggestions

Do you have 7-11s? Roll and sell. They will love you for it.

Or the grocery stores have the coinstar machines that swipe 8 cents on
the dollar. I, too, have many pennies and never thought i would have a
problem taking them to the bank! Or keep them in your glove box and
use them for a paper here, a coffee there.
jammer