Old 14-02-2003, 04:51 AM
Cass

Default Drought and Roses

In article yKQ2a.88117$iG3.11994@sccrnsc02, Allegra
wrote:

"Cass" wonders if

Does anyone know how these polymers act when there is heavy rain? We
have that Medierranean climate issue, 6 months of some rain,
occasionally really heavy, 6 months of sure drought. I don't want them
to drown in the rainy season, when the soils get completely saturated.

Hello Cass dear,

Just like normal little sponges, once saturated they cannot hold any
more water, and they do not turn into little mud puddles, at least in
this tropical banana belt that is Portland, Oregon.

Sounds good. If it works in Oregon, I couldn't possibly have a problem
here. I'll be interested in your report new summer.

How are your roses doing? Are you all done with your jackhammer
and creating the next paleontological dig in your area? I bet your
roses love it! How is your back tho?

Pretty much finished the pruning. With the help of Hercules, I moved 2
enormous Westerlands and one large Pierre de Rensard, Sunsprite and
Happenstance. All but the latter were essentially barerooted and have
already sent out new growth. The first three were 5 feet tall and wide,
now substantially reduced.

Mme Driout is planted next to Fortune's Double Yellow (donor foliage).
I now have the happy job of deciding exactly how to build pillars for a
good number of climbers. Charles de Mills is a single cane and already
trying to escape through the drain hole.

My back is fine, which I shall try to remedy next week with 4 days on
the ski slopes. :~)