Old 28-02-2006, 08:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
George.com

Default Compost bin suggestions

"Diggin' it!!!" wrote in message
oups.com...
All,

I want to set aside a portion of my small yard for a compost pile. My
father-in-law simply started a heap on the back part of his property
and lets it expand as necessary. However, since I do not have much yard
space, I am looking for ideas on how to create a relatively compact
compostpile that can be secured so my dog and toddler do not distrub
the pile.

Any suggestions? The cheaper the better since I have a set of twins on
the way and diapers are eating away at the paychecks.

Thanks!

I salvaged an old fence a mate was pulling down and used the posts and slats
to build a double bin compost system. I used beading from the fence on the
inside of the front posts and simply slide planks in or out as the compost
heap grows or gets dug out. A spade, some nails, a hammar and a saw was all
I needed.

Other people I know have used old car tyres stacked 3-5 tyres high.

rob