Old 11-03-2003, 11:20 AM
LeighMo

Default Food for Otos if no algae?

Also I had problems with snails eating my plants,

It depends on what kind of snails you have, of course. But IME, most snails
don't eat plants. If there's no other food in the tank, red ramhorns might
nibble tender new leaves of Hygrophila, but in general, they prefer soft food
like algae or dying leaves.

Columbian ramhorms (the big striped ones, 1" or more in diameter) do eat
plants. So do apple/mystery snails (except for Pomacea bridgesii, the planted
tank keeper's best friend). But all the others I've kept -- pond snails, red
ramshorns, MTS -- don't bother my plants at all.

Leigh