Old 11-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Emrys Davies

Default Weedy Seedlings

'DP',

I omitted to say that you need to cover the tray with newspaper or the
like until the first seedlings appear then discard it. That helps to
prevent the compost from drying out. Make sure that you spot the
seedlings as soon as they are breaking the surface, then act.

Good luck,
Emrys Davies.

DP" wrote in message
Hello

I'm beginning to think that this years seedling will go the same way

as last
years.....

I've planted a couple of trays of seeds (Cosmea/Cosmo ?) and they've

shot up
to 2-3 inches tall in the space of 1-2 weeks. However, some are now
starting to topple over and a couple of them have withered at the

base.
They are planted in 3cm square plant trays

This happened last year as well, when I had a couple of trays of weedy
(horizontal) seedlings. What am I doing wrong?

TIA

David