Old 28-02-2006, 01:51 AM posted to austin.gardening
harriswest

Default Winter Rye Grass

Latosha Washington wrote:

I don't know why people do this rye thing. I hate it and am always digging
up clumps that spread in from neighbors yards.

That would be me, Latosha. I'm putting in an outdoor kitchen and spread
rye because the backyard was becoming a sea of mud and a relatively
cheap option. OTOH I didn't want to put in *real* grass because I'll be
tilling it under when the real plants go in.

Count your blessings. My neighbors (on all sides) put down trash, and
I'm always picking up clumps that spread in from neighbors yards.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX