Old 28-02-2006, 03:59 AM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Cats are evil (not off-topic)

We have a stray living out back. I see it every day drinking from the
pond. I feel terrible for the poor guy. I saw him spraying today, so
I know he's a boy. I can't have him living back there, but what to
do? I wonder if he's lost.

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 03:22:42 GMT, harriswest
wrote:

So,

My heirloom Black Krim tomato seedlings I planted in early January in
pots for future transplant are strangely withering. It's a mystery, no
fungus, enough water but not too much, why why why????

Until I catch my siamese spraying them. They are evil, why do we allow
them into the house? G

On the plus side, we've been enjoying an abundance of chard. I love the
stuff and it's one of those "bulletproof" winter plants. I've had poor
luck with lettuce, spinach and brassicas because they bolt during our
extended winter warm spells, but I can always count on chard. It
tolerates the heat, doesn't care about 22F freezes, and grows like a
weed.