Old 01-03-2006, 05:58 AM posted to austin.gardening
Cindy

Default Cats are evil (not off-topic)

How do you make a fence cat-proof?
Cindy

With great difficulty. G 8 feet tall, dense foliage on it to
make it difficulty to climb, areas without foliage either have
electric fence wires on it or overhanging, inward facing netting at
top, trees near fence have a ring of flashing around the trunk to
prevent climbing.
Many of our ideas came from scaling down big cat enclosures at
zoos. Of course it took some trial and error at first but I
haven't had an escape in... well, why jinx myself? G

Mike Harris
Austin, TX

Well, I was wanting to keep them OUT, but my dogs do a pretty good job.