Old 01-03-2006, 04:57 PM posted to austin.gardening
Mike Harris

Default Cats are evil (not off-topic)

"Jangchub" wrote in message
People who dump kittens or cats are going to hot hells. What sort of
disgusting person does something like this?

Ignorant and cruel, natch.

I cannot have a cat in or outside because I have a parrot. Of course
there are always people who say a parrot can easily be fast friends
with a cat, that too is mythos and illogical.

Yes and no - although I've heard stories of the animals living in harmony,
the hunting instinct is "hard wired" in cats. Unless the bird is large and
powerful enough to be a match for the cat, the truce will be uneasy at best.

My cat days are over. I've had them all my life. This cat in the
yard is not feral. Feral cats do not purr when you go near them, and
they certainly don't let you pet them.

You may want to ask around among your neighbors to see whether he belongs to
them. Again, cats don't get "lost" in the conventional sense. Either your
yard includes his territitory (which for an unaltered male can be as large
as several acres if food is scarce), or he prefers your territory to that of
his ostensible owner.
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX