Old 26-02-2006, 09:11 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.gardening
Dave Fawthrop

Default uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:50:59 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

|"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
.. .
| On 26 Feb 2006 10:58:59 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

| |
| |Dave Fawthrop wrote:
| | Because uk.rec.gardening may learn something from the exchange.
| |
| |I see. It's getting a bit outta hand from where I'm sitting (
| |
| |Any way we can stop this?!?
|
| Kill the thread. see sig.
|
|But there were over a thousand threads!

I have Agent set to mark a post "read" after it has been displayed for *1*
second, and work *without* a killfile. I keep an eye on the thread
Subject and sender. I just hold the down button depressed so that the
garbage gets marked read at very fast rate. Only the interesting posts
get actually read. This also works well for reasonable posts which I am
not interested in.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Freedom of Speech, Expression, Religion, and Democracy are