Old 27-02-2006, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

Default Like the man said, I don't beleive it !!

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

capstan wrote:
Too naive for this century.

My great grand father grew it )

as did my grandmammy, for medicinal purposes. she explained after she saw a
centerfold picture of an early issue of "High Times" magazine "why lawd
child, that's HERB!!! Women folk took it for "that time" of the month, made
with a tea, and menfolk when they couldn't "do their services" could dry
some and smoke it in a pipe" I was floored! (and this was when I was about
16-17) and by the way, at my local music/cd/dvd used and new shop, in the
books and magazine section, there are 15 books on cultivation, considering
it's illegal. personally, it's better for you and not nearly as bad as the
other REAL drugs........crack, meth, heroin...never heard of anyone
overdosing on smoking pot, or killing someone (some maiming when revenue
agents would happen upon crops around here in the hills would be shot at or
trip a booby trap..............) but mostly, harmless, unless you consider
the horrible after affects of the munchies when you've oversmoked......and
then, heavens! you fall asleep.....yeppers, marijuana is baaaaaad for you!
GBSEG
madgardener skulking off now........................................