Old 27-02-2006, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Crazy Dog

Default spam messages

Phil L wrote:
Crazy Dog wrote:

cineman wrote:

Abuse report sent to rcn.net
regards
Cineman

ws.arin.net shows the abuse handle as

The complaint from cineman will probably still be received - if not it
will bounce and cineman will know about it.

I have sent an abuse report to
and recommend that
everyone else follows suit. This will increase the chances of the
moron losing his/her access to the internet. Don't forget to include
full headers as, without these, the ISP is unlikely to take action.

Right now I'm too lazy to look for similar abuse, by this moron, in
other newsgroups but I'm sure if it is there RCN will be even more
likely to do something about it.

'This moron' is not using rcn.com, he is using an infected machine (a
zombie) on that network.
Once machines are infected by trojans, viruses and spyware, this is what
happens, they can be taken over and used for things like this, and very
often to send out millions of spam emails and phishing scams with no
possibility of getting caught...having said that, rcn *will* probably pull
the zombie machine until the user cleans it up, but the sporger will just
use a different one.

I have no issues with referring to someone who can't, or won't, use a
firewall, up to date anti virus software and anti-spyware software as a
moron. The more of these morons that are removed until they clean up
their acts the more difficult it will become for sporgers to find their
victims.