Old 27-02-2006, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Lidl Gardening week

The message . com
from "La Puce" contains these words:
JennyC wrote:

Not everything is poor quality.
In the Netherlands, their fruit juice is German and pure. Their beer
is German Reinheitverbod compliant and not the output of the local
chemical works.
We got a good quality pressure cooker from Lidl.
They don't have a big variety of things, except for some reason of
frankfurter sausages.

Their jams are great too and the frozen salmon portions........
You do have to be picky with the veg though.

HOOOOOOooo stop it! I'm starving now!! Is Lidl german? This is it -
this is why it's nice where you are, but not where we are. Ours, on
Seymour Grove, is weird and half empty and as I said, only the
chocolate is ok - the rest is really bizarre and I have no confidence
in the prices.

In ours, the veg and fruit are excellent, and far-and-away better than
any other stupidmarket. Some of their wines take a *LOT* of beating,
well, most things are good value.

Some of their cheap non-edible things are a bit rubbishy - though I did
buy an excellent, stable and good-looking self-assemble TV stand with
three plate-glass shelves (and crap instructions) for less than twenty
quid. Had my hi-fi on it for quite a while.

About the only food I'd *NEVER* buy in Lidl is what they'd like us to
believe is bread.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig