Old 27-02-2006, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Yawn - re Who's the dickhead

"Mike Lyle" wrote
Sue wrote:
Not at all. I've not been near the computer this last weekend so have
only just got round to catching up with ngs. It couldn't have taken
more than 5 or 6 mins of marking and deleting blocks of clearly
nonsense headers.

Even quicker just to scroll past them. Unless you like to retain read
messages, rather than deleting all once you've got to the end, they
vanish at the end of the pane.

Absolutely, it's just that I like to keep read messages for a few days
in this group as I've found it's often useful to refer back to earlier
parts of threads sometimes.

N.i.n. and others got on top of this lot
very quickly, and I've seen only a handful of doubtfuls since the
first screenful of the nuisance. snip

I used to use n.i.n. when they allowed free accounts and always found it
reliable for completion and rock solid. At the moment readfreenews is
doing okay, but I'd certainly seriously consider having a subscription
with n.i.n. if it became necessary. My ISP's newsserver has the
irritating habit of missing posts in various groups so I couldn't rely
solely on that.

--
Sue