Old 27-02-2006, 09:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default Yawn - re Who's the dickhead

wrote:
Select the beginning of the junk???

Yes

Scroll down???

Yes

How do you get access to your news server to do this?

Considering you are a Blueyonder customer (from Telford if I'm not
mistaken), you have a choice of news servers, the most stable one being:
text.news.blueyonder.co.uk
highlight and copy the above line.
close google or any other web browsers you have open
open Outlook Express
go to toolsaccountsnewsadd
in the first screen put your screen name (oddball Dave)
in the next screen put your email address or a completly fictitious one like

in the next one paste the news address above
close everything, allow OE to download all the froups, subscribe to URG and
you're in.

Or are you saying download the headers, then select and delete from
them.

I don't want to download ANY of this garbage. Not even the headers.
I don't want to scroll through 300 headers looking for a genuine post.
I don't want to keep hitting the get next 300 headers button.

Not if you follow the above directions, they can all be deleted in about ten
seconds, maybe twelve.

Given that there are over 5000 posts on my news server for the next 7
days, I will
be going to google groups and looking there.

Which is the only place they are now showing...

Perhaps there is an argument for genuine posts here to have a header
[On topic]
or [NG] not garbage to highlight proper posts in deference to the
anarchists rubbish.

Yeah that'll fool 'em.