Old 27-02-2006, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yawn - re Who's the dickhead

Mike Lyle wrote:
Sue wrote:
"La Puce" wrote
wrote:
Given that there are over 5000 posts on my news server for the next
7 days, I will be going to google groups and looking there.

It's the same here Dave! Zillions of posts .... unless someone
replies and the threads move down. If not, you've got a good hour of
clicking 'older topics' before you get to someone you know (

Not at all. I've not been near the computer this last weekend so have
only just got round to catching up with ngs. It couldn't have taken
more than 5 or 6 mins of marking and deleting blocks of clearly
nonsense headers.

Even quicker just to scroll past them. Unless you like to retain read
messages, rather than deleting all once you've got to the end, they
vanish at the end of the pane. N.i.n. and others got on top of this lot

You're not "deleting" them, you're just telling your newsreader that
you've read them. They're still there for how ever long your news
server retains them so you can go back and read them (if you really
want to!).

very quickly, and I've seen only a handful of doubtfuls since the first
screenful of the nuisance. The kid may be back, but an occasional flood
of this kind of thing isn't really a problem compared to personal
vendettas, or loony crossposted "conversations", both of which can
damage a group's character and put off new members.

--
Chris Green