Old 27-02-2006, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Default Vine Weevils

Nick Maclaren wrote:

| I get them here!! Well, got them once - the heuchera got it bad.

Outside? And where?

Outside, in one of my beds. Full sun now, but was a bit shadowed by a
holly and last year it was very humid that part of the bed (don't know
if that's the reason). The heuchera was with lots of other herbaceous
which weren't touched, verbena, astrantia, achillea, sedum, scabiosa,
anemones, echinacea ... only the heuchera got it. I lifted the leaves
just to check because it was a bit droopy - and the whole top lifted
and found the yellow eggs and was very dusty!! I first thought it was a
spider. I have since put two other heuchera in pots. Some say that it
won't help. But I'm worried about the place now. I haven't seen them
since that time. I think they like bracks - tight and dense place?!