Old 28-02-2006, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Advice on how to stop downloading nonsense please

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Flower Bobdew" wrote in message
In article , Judith Lea
writes

On this computer I am on a dial-up account and I don't know how to stop
downloading these silly postings as I have to pay for the time it takes
to download them.

Good news and bad news really.

You're using Turnpike [TP], which is the good news...but you're still
using the slightly antiquated version 5? Any particular reason why you
haven't upgraded to version 6? I would highly recommend it - albeit the
comfort changeover takes a little bit of time, due to the rewrite into an
Explorer shell. [Don't worry, though, it's still a standalone piece of
software. Once you've been using it for a few weeks you'll never look
back. Apart from with distant affection ]

It could be possible to use this rule [a custom rule to be applied within
the kill rules of the specific NG] in V5:

/^X\-Complaints\-To: /h

The problem is that complaints to
get rejected.

I have sent 6 so far, and for each one I get a reject message.

Alan

Try