Old 28-02-2006, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Holly, in France

Default Advice on how to stop downloading nonsense please

Saxman wrote:

Have a look here for this newsreader. It's free. It indicates how
many lines there are in the content via the header (which is a good
clue). It can prevent cross-posters and one can add 'plonk' rules.

It takes some getting used to, but you might find it worthwhile.

http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

Have you found a way of getting it to recognise these flood messages and
stop them downloading at all, rather than just the headers? TBH once
headers are downloaded they are easy enough to recognise and get rid of
anyway. I'm posting with OE today because I'm emailing aswell and find
it easier, but I run Dialog aswell. I haven't really investigated the
killfile etc rules, as you say it does take some getting used to.....
TIA

--
Holly, in France
Gite to let in Dordogne, now with pool.