Old 01-03-2006, 01:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Crazy Dog

Default Advice on how to stop downloading nonsense please

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Crazy Dog" contains these words:

I can't help wondering if it might be time to consider changing to a
moderated newsgroup, or even an online forum, to stop the flooding that

has
been going on recently.

Then why don't you go and join a forum or moderated newsgroup?

Not a bad idea. Sadly, there doesn't appear to be a moderated uk gardening
newsgroup, or a suitable forum. I guess you're stuck with me (unless you
decide to go moderated and reject my posts).

I know I haven't been around long but I'd be happy
to do some moderation.

I wouldn't be happy to have you as moderator.

And you, presumably, would be the one making that decision?

Who started the group? Who has overall responsibility for it now?

You obviously haven't a clue about usenet or this hierarchy or this
group. It would be polite and tactful to refrain from missionary work
until you're more experienced and better informed.

It would be polite and tactful if you knew more about just how much IT
experience I have before you make such suggestions.

Maybe you could practise by going into pubs and suggesting the
regulars become a juice-bar, run by you.

I am not suggesting that I run urg. I have, as far as I'm concerned, made a
couple of suggestions that will eliminate the flooding problem.
Unfortunately, they introduce new ones that may be unacceptable so the users
may prefer to hope the flooding goes away. I certainly hope so.

--
Crazy Dog
(Wondering if I really want to be part of Janet's gang - if that's who it