Old 01-03-2006, 01:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default greenhouse recommendations, advice?

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Rusty Hinge
2 writes

The best greenhouse I ever had/worked in was a GRP (glass fibre) one.
The sections were (inverted) 'U' shaped, and bolted together. There was
a flange on the bottom which was buried to prevent the wind uprooting
the whole thing.

Was it a particular make? I'm not sure I'm up to building my own!

Yes, it was. But I don't think I ever knew the maker.

However, I bought it secondhand about twenty years ago, and the bloke
who sold it to me emigrated to Canadadadada five or six years after
that.

He'd just weighted the rim with bricks, and the wind got up and played
with it, so I bought what was left, always meaning to afford to get
extra hoops.

I'd buy another if I had the wherewithal - and somewhere sensible to put
it. As it is, I intend building one over the septic tank, and one of
those just wouldn't suit.

It's the principle which matters, though - bolt-together sections, two
ends and two doors. I'd guess mine was a good ten feet wide, but only
about eighteen or twenty feey long.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig