Old 01-03-2006, 02:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Crazy Dog

Default greenhouse recommendations, advice?

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...

The best greenhouse I ever had/worked in was a GRP (glass fibre) one.
The sections were (inverted) 'U' shaped, and bolted together. There was
a flange on the bottom which was buried to prevent the wind uprooting
the whole thing.

It had sliding GRP doors.

There's a swimming pool at a school in Coleshill, West Midlands (near where
I live) with a similar structure over the top of it. The pool was originally
open-air. The easiest way to cover it was to use GRP sections fixed to
foundations around the edge, and bolted to each other as each new section
was moved into place. It's huge - a much bigger span than I would have
thought GRP could cover.