Old 01-03-2006, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Lidl Gardening week

In message .com, La
Puce writes

Sacha wrote:
Do you really not see how it is

Yes I do. For every time Janet is abusing me by suddenly calling me
Puke I'll ripost.

Did she? I must say I didn't see that but if you say she did, she must
have done and that is very bad indeed. Can't you just try and ignore
these people if they upset you? I know it is difficult but the
constant bickering has almost ruined what used to be a lovely friendly
group. I used to get my hair off at them but now can't be bothered.
Years ago, we always had a certain amount of conflict in winter when
there wasn't much gardening to do and I admit to having been a bit
cheeky to Alan Gould at times (he took it in good part, fortunately).
There seems to be a small group which think they own this ng and as a
result they are very clannish and dictatorial. That is a pity because
they are very knowledgeable about gardening, which is why I am loathe to
put them in my kill-file.

Ho look, the sun's come out! My Muscari's glorious this year and the
honeysuckle has doubled it's buds. Hollyhocks growing steadily, Rusty's
honesty have all made 4 more leaves but the chillies are slower though.
I've treated myself to some dahlias - me, dahlias!!! I bought Roxy,
with black foliage. I thought it sounded very interesting. We will see

My honeysuckle is also coming on a treat but I am going to have to move
it this year (laziness meant I did not do it last year) so am rather
concerned that I may kill it off. My fig tree is nice and green,
despite my not taking Rusty's advice to plant it out, so it is still in
the pot. Again, I think crunch time has come for moving it. My dog has
killed off my bear's breeches, which is a shame. Finally, although it
is very cold, I saw a woodpecker in the park this morning. Very
exciting.
--
June Hughes