Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Lidl Gardening week

Crazy Dog wrote:
[...]
the price. I got a stainless steel fork (£7.99 or £7.49 - I don't
remember which) with wood tee-handle. If it lasts a few years on the
allotment I'll be more than happy with it. The handle's a bit rough
but it'll soon wear in if I remember to keep using the rigger gloves.

[...]

You'll probably come to find that gloves are no fun when gardening,
except when doing stuff that fights back, of course. IMO, you did well
to choose wooden handles as long as the balance is right; though s-s
blades are often a bit heavy, and a sod to sharpen up when they
eventually get blunt. At risk of stating the obvious, it's very well
worth spending a little time sandpapering wooden handles to as fine a
finish as the timber allows. Then a wipe with a little linseed oil every
so often should mean your grandchildren will bless your memory.
DAISNAID!

--
Mike.