Old 01-03-2006, 12:13 AM posted to rec.ponds
J.D. Stone

Default POND repeats

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
~ janj wrote:

K30 heard a treefrog frog in her yard the other day, spring isn't far
away
when that happens. ~ jan

You know, I wouldn't have been surprised to hear a spring peeper a few
weeks
ago here on the coast of Nova Scotia (OK, I would, but not _very_!) but
it's back to hard freeze this week. It's been a weird, weird, winter.
Our
salt-water lagoon didn't really freeze until last week - other years we'd
skate on it in December. We've only had the road plowed half a dozen
times, and we've gone through more freeze-thaw cycles so far than we would
usually get in the next two months (which is when we usually face
freeze-thaw).
--
derek

That is the nice thing about being in Texas; don't have to wait for a season
for the weather to change. Winter last week, 80°F today. Gotta love it!
JD