Old 01-03-2006, 11:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
bvegaswww

Default Discoloration of stalk. Please Help

Hi,

This is my first post. So please go easy.
But I have a three-year old I believe "Heirloom" rose bush. I cut her
back
this year to encourage the new growth.
I also spray regularly for the rose aphids and other stuff.
I noticed however, on one of the bottoms of the stalks I cut back a
quite
wide area of discoloration. It starts like in the middle and moves out
of
the stalk.

Red turns to black.... I don't know how to correct this, and should I
just
cut it off?...

Thanks in advance,
Scott

P.S. To reply directly or in general just remove all the periods and
put an
@ symbol where called for. I've been getting WAY to much spam