Old 01-03-2006, 10:25 PM posted to aus.gardens
Roger Dewhurst

Default Please help with dying Mango tree

"nesredep egrob" Long. -31,48.21 Lat. 115,47.40 wrote in message
Tree is about 6-7 year old. Supposed to be a grafted tree at $ 70 from a

regular
supplier.
However I have in the last three years seen the tree virtually die away

only to
come up promising again in the spring.
I have on ftp.egrob.no-ip.info a picture called Mango. The site is

normally only
used for our relations in UK with family pictures and odd's from time to

time.
You can either double click on it and it will show on your computer or

right
click and save the file which you can then scan for a virus - but I can
guarantee that there is no virus there and also people cannot write to the

file
which is on my personal computer.

Please look and give some advice - plant was at one time (3 years back)

showing
flowers and looking really good but now most of the leaves are like the

picture
- please help if you can.
Watering is regular and copious from a bore on the property.. We have also

from
time to time used additives to make the soil accept the water rather than

just
run off the surface. The soil is on a sand base but it is well mixed with

mulch
from a rotary mulcher.

B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp

Move it 2 or 3 degrees closer to the equator and it might grow.