Old 02-03-2006, 01:08 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno

Default propogate tea trees?

Roger Dewhurst wrote:

"Spiny Norman" wrote in message
news

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 04:38:53 GMT, "China"
wrote in aus.gardens:

variety. The tea we drink is actually a camellia (chinensis?), and again
seed and cuttings work, seed if you want a fresh and vigorous bush.

Close, it's camellia sinensis.

Mostly it is a hybrid between China tea and Assam tea. China tea is a small
slow growing small leafed bush that produces tea of a good flavour and Assam
tea which is a small fast growing large leafed tree which produces tea of
poor quality.

The Ti tree is what theyre after not a tea tree. or evan a tee tree,
which I suppose they could confuse with a tree they use to make tees for
golf...