Old 01-03-2006, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
James Fidell

Default rhubarb

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Thinking about replacing my old clump of rhubarb, and paying attention
to janet B's recommendations to throw everything into a 6 foot hole
including old shoes to help feed it .
However I can only find ordinary stuff. I would like on of the champagne
varieties that are supposed to be the best type.
Who would sell such plants please?

Google suggests he

http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...th=21_22_23_40

I ordered some stuff from them this year and had no problems.

The RHS AGM document (which I often use as a starting point when I want
to grow something new and don't really know what I'm looking for) lists
Stein's Champagne and Hawke's Champagne, but doesn't have anywhere to
buy them. Pretty much the same with all of their listed rhubarb
varieties except Timperley Early, unfortunately.

James