Old 02-03-2006, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default rhubarb

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Thinking about replacing my old clump of rhubarb, and paying attention to
janet B's recommendations to throw everything into a 6 foot hole including
old shoes to help feed it .

Yes that 's the way to grow good rubab. You may assume that everything
includes Puke and any other bodily secretions.

However I can only find ordinary stuff. I would like on of the champagne
varieties that are supposed to be the best type.
Who would sell such plants please?

Plenty places sell the chamapagne variety-much used in France for making an
overpriced fizzzy drink.
I certainly would not get rid of your current clump-just split it and
rejeuvinate as suggested by others.

Rue
janet
--