Old 02-03-2006, 02:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
BlackIce

Default sugar maple question

hello the group

i have a few questions about sugar maples
i have 15 acres of land at stanthorpe australia bout 800 metres above sea
lvl gets to -5 degrees celsius in winter am i correct in assuming that that
should get good autumn colour ?
also is -5 degrees celsius cold enough for these trees i figure in their
original location like canada
nth usa it would get a lot colder
gets to about 35 degrees celsius in summer here
how far apart should i plant the trees and what sort of growth can i expect
sorry for all the questions the nursery i looking at getting them from is 2
hour drive down the road
they have 5 for sale but they couldn't answer my questions their just
selling them however their the only place that has maples to sell that i
have been able to find
last question do maples flower? as our family has bout 13 bee hives so it
woould be a bonus if they did
ok thanks in advance for your time and input