Old 02-03-2006, 02:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

Default rhubarb

In article om, La
Puce writes

Janet Tweedy wrote:

Thinking about replacing my old clump of rhubarb, and paying attention
to janet B's recommendations to throw everything into a 6 foot hole
including old shoes to help feed it .
However I can only find ordinary stuff. I would like on of the champagne
varieties that are supposed to be the best type.
Who would sell such plants please?

Blackmoor Nurseries
Blackmoor Liss
Hampshire, GU33 6BS
Tel: 01420 473576
Fax: 01420 487813

They don't have the Champagne varieties, they just call one of their
plants 'Champagne'
Some nurseries say that champagne rhubarb is an early forced one but
there are distinct varieties named '---- Champagne'
The two I thought sounded good to try were Stein's Champagne and
'Hawke's Champagne' though there is one called 'Bucks Champagne' which
is quite rare.
Someone emailed to say they thought J Tweedie might have them
(Coincidence or what?)

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association