Old 02-03-2006, 09:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 09:26:46 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

snip

This morning we have a heavy frost - for Devon! Everything is white with
the exception of the lawn under the big cedar tree. The ponds are frozen
over and the dogs are looking as if they're contemplating their own re-run
of the figure skating Olympics! But the sky is blue and the sun is shining.
The birds are flirting madly and the rooks are doing their usual half-witted
thing of dropping nest-making sticks onto the ground and then lumbering back
up to the woods to get more, rather than simply going down to the earth
beneath their rookery to pick up the ones they dropped!

Our outside thermometer showed a minimum temperature of -6 degrees C last
night! Our pond was also not surprisingly well frozen but the birds are
going mad up here too. I see from my records that I sowed my first seeds in
the greenhouse on 23rd March last year, but at the moment that doesn't seem a
very good idea this year. The log fire with a cat on my lap seems to have
more appealg

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk