Old 02-03-2006, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tugger

Default Sonar mole repellants

I tried the following humane methods

1. cane shoved into mole-hill with plastic bottle on the top - theoretically
produces random vibrations when its windy which they don't like ... looks
unsightly ... seemed to work.

2. human urine - fill any old bottles you've got, make a hole in the top of
the mole hill then just pour it in ... this worked very well.

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

david thorpe wrote:
I was recently advised to combat moles with 'humane' repellants. I
tried. You can see how effective these things are at:
www.dthorpe.net/viewing/

LOL!!!
I have heard recently that they don't like mussels shells. The strong
smell drives them away ... to your neighbours. Have you tried?