Old 02-03-2006, 02:29 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default Fiberglass pond w/ window

lurker lurker wrote:

i know someone selling a fiberglass tub with a big window in the
front. its 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 and 3 feet deep.. its also pretty light which
is a bonus, but its really trashed and needs some work if it was going
to look nice inside.. i wonder if i could make something like this
myself or if its worth $200...

I'd offer less, but I might even pay $200 for it. Even if it leaks,
fiberglass repair is pretty simple (as long as you ignore the fact that the
fumes are toxic... only ever think of doing fiberglass repair outdoors.)

The other thing is that if you're going to use it as a pond, you don't have
to worry _too_ much about interior appearance. Pretty soon it's going to
be covered with algae, and you won't know what it used to be like.

Go for it. It sounds like a fun project. I'd like something like that.
--
derek