Old 02-03-2006, 03:19 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default OT: Cats and Parrots (was Cats are evil (not off-topic))

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
What kind?

I would love a grey parrot, actually. Raised in captivity, of course, I
would never buy a wild-captured bird. They had one (or two?) at Bark and
Purr a while back, it was close to 1k, if I remember correctly.

JJ was supposedly wild caught, but we purchased her with the
understanding that the pet manager would stop carrying live birds. This
bird was stuffed into a little bitty 12" x 12" x 12" cage at the store.
:-( We bought her out of pity, and they did indeed stop carrying live
birds after that......

African or Timny grays are really cool birds!
--
Peace, Om.