Old 11-03-2003, 08:48 PM

Default No action on my bird feeders

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:17:46 +0000, Tarzan wrote:

On 11 Mar 2003 19:11:55 -0000, (Sharon Curtis)
wrote:

In article ,
Jack wrote:
Yes, I've noticed the same thing. I've put out bags of peanuts and
fat-balls with seeds, but nothing visits the table at all. In fact, I
haven't seen even one bird at the feeder this winter. And like you, the
only birds in my garden are starlings. Very odd indeed.

do you have a big cat population ??

Barry is in Essex. Where are you?

I'm in Clackmannanshire (between Stirlingshire and Fife) and I've had
loads of action at the bird feeder this winter, including robins,
blackbirds, collared doves, blue tits, great tits, sparrows, chaffinches,
a wren, a pied wagtail, greenfinches and goldfinches.

The one bird I haven't had interested was starlings. They and the
rooks just make noise from on top of the TV aerials.

Sharon

strange ,plenty of tits in my garden, collared doves and even a
woodpecker ,lesser spotted,..my feeders have attracted a load of
birds,
and ring necked parakeets.
south west london location..

We had over 50 waxwings roosting in the trees across the road from us
last weekend while they carried out swooping raids on the berry-laden
street trees outside our house. The berries, and the waxwings, have
gone now. We are in South Manchester.
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk