Old 02-03-2006, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Victoria Clare

Default Leylandii Sealant

"Merryterry" wrote in
ups.com:

Just had a guy round to shorten my Leylandii. Did a good job. He
suggested I pay him another £20 to spray a sealant on that will
restrict the growth. I paid him to do it even though I have never heard
of this.

Has anyone else had any experience of this product?

It couldn't be that he meant to seal the tops of the cut trunks to stop
them rotting? A neighbour had a leylandii hedge topped a couple years
back, and what with dieback afterwards he has ended up with some very
scruffy looking trees and rather a lot of fungus...

Mind you it is very wet here.

--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall