Old 02-03-2006, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Daffodils

On 2/3/06 10:08, in article
2, "Victoria Clare"
wrote:

Did anyone manage daffs in bloom for St David's Day?

I usually have some at least in bud that can be brought on inside in a
jamjar - but this year it's far too cold, not a single flower stem is
showing.

Snow *again* this morning...

One is flowering under the shelter of the big old cedar tree and another is
in bud. But these are the daffs that have the disease whose name I always
forget. It makes the foliage start dying back too quickly to feed the bulb
for next year. Ray has been spraying it with some stuff or other and there
are just a very few more buds this year. It's heart-breaking, really
because it should be a wonderful golden sea of flowers. The snowdrops are
still going strong, having been late this year and the cyclamens are just
poking through.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk