Old 02-03-2006, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sla#s

"Peter Stockdale" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
I am a member of a newsgroup called uk.rec.gardening.

SNIP
I am told by others that the intention of these
pests
is to shut down the uk hierarchy and that uk.rec.gardening is not the
only
group targeted. Surely Wanadoo can do something to block this rubbish
before it hits our screens?

Don't worry Wannadoo have listened to all these complaints and ......
...... are stopping all newsgroups from 7th March.*

I'm moving to another ISP but am still in the 12month contract period.
However as far as I am concerned they are in breach of contract - but they
don't reply to emails and so far letters either.

Slatts
*Posted 17/2/06

"Dear Wanadoo Newsgroups reader and user,

From 17th March, the way you read your Newsgroups will be changing. We'll no
longer be able to provide a Usenet/Newsgroups feed.

Although we cannot ourselves recommend an alternative Usenet/Newsgroups
service, the following is a brief list of operators recommended by newsgroup
viewers and contributors:

(List of free news servers)

Thanks for your contributions to Usenet over the years - and sorry that we
can't continue our service.

Yours,
"