Old 02-03-2006, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pedt

Default Lidl Gardening week

In message , at 16:35:40 on
Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Paul Corfield wibbled

[snip the verbals]

As a newcomer who is only here for the gardening I am astounded at the
vitriol and hate that is being displayed on this group. It is utterly
dispiriting, unnecessary and redolent of school playground behaviour. I
expect better from "grown ups".

I am not far off from unsubscribing.

I'm only here at the moment due to the recent floods of junk and only
subscribed to see them myself as they were reported elsewhere (and I
distrust 2nd or 3rd hand reports). However, I have been here before when
I was taking a vote that happened to involve this group and I did read
every thread for the duration.

I'd suggest ignoring the posts you mentioned and stay subscribed. The
group appeared (and still does) to me to have a lot of people who were
passionate about their gardening and were more than happy to pass on
their knowledge, suggestions or extrapolations rather than hoard it.
Whilst there will be disagreements on any subject therein, I found those
disagreements to be generally gentlemanly or ladylike (if the regulars
will accept a generic phrase from an Edwardian Age) so I wouldn't
suggest unsubscribing due to a spat between posters.

--
Pedt