Old 02-03-2006, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson

Default Paneless Compost?

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:41:22 +0000, Trevor wrote
(in article ):

I compost all my junk mail - about a carry bag a day including a bit of
other waste paper.

Does anyone know if the panes in the envelopes will biodegrade?

I always take them out because they look like plastic to me.

No they don't - I take mine out as well. Interestingly our local recycling
system will accept envelopes but *not* window envelopes - presumably for the
same reason. (Satisfying putting junk mail on the compost, isn't it.)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk