Old 02-03-2006, 11:34 PM posted to austin.gardening
Jangchub

Default Cats are evil (not off-topic)

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:22:51 -0600, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
I cannot have a cat in or outside because I have a parrot. Of course
there are always people who say a parrot can easily be fast friends
with a cat, that too is mythos and illogical.

When I was young we had 3 pets: a dog, a cat, and a parrot. The parrot
was boss, the cat was 2nd in command and the dog was their b*tch.
How much a boss was he? Well, my mom would put out bones for the dog.
The cat would see that and come chase the dog away to lick the bones.
The parrot would see that and climb down from his cage and chase the cat
away to peck at the bones.
Crazy bird.

Yes, I've heard of these things happening. I've also heard the same
story with a horrible ending. The one I heard was that after many
years, the cat got ****ed off and that was it for the bird. Push to
shove, the cat can absolutely kill any size parrot. Push come to
shove, a cat and dog in a fight, the cat is a dead one. I don't ever
want to tempt fate like that. The breed I have, a Hahn's Macaw has a
60 year lifespan and I bought her from Marc Marone who has a show
produced by Martha Stewart on Sat. morning on FOX. I've had Mika
since she's been four months old.