Old 03-03-2006, 01:23 PM posted to austin.gardening
Kathleen

Default Cats and Parrots (was Cats are evil (not off-topic))

Conures do not live as long as parrots... Projected lifespan for
Nanday's in a perfect world is 25 years. :-)

JJ was an adult when we purchased her from Wal-mart (who have now quit
carrying live birds thank the gods!) so we have no idea how old she was
when we got her. I understand she was wild caught, not domestic bred.

Close to 20 years was not too bad I think.
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

Nicholson

I really wanted a parrot until I found out how long they live. One of my
clients had one and I really loved it. My daughter 10yo currently wants a
parakeet and I don't think that's going to happen.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen