Old 03-03-2006, 03:07 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default Cats and Parrots (was Cats are evil (not off-topic))

In article ,
"Kathleen" wrote:

Conures do not live as long as parrots... Projected lifespan for
Nanday's in a perfect world is 25 years. :-)

JJ was an adult when we purchased her from Wal-mart (who have now quit
carrying live birds thank the gods!) so we have no idea how old she was
when we got her. I understand she was wild caught, not domestic bred.

Close to 20 years was not too bad I think.
--
Peace, Om.

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack

Nicholson

I really wanted a parrot until I found out how long they live. One of my
clients had one and I really loved it. My daughter 10yo currently wants a
parakeet and I don't think that's going to happen.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

Cockatiels are wonderful pets, and only live around 15 to 20 years I
understand.

About as long as a cat.

I've had 2 of them but did not have very good luck. Bellsea lived for 9
years then just died suddenly, no apparent reason. Her Grandaughter, Ra,
lived about 5 years, but her death was accidental. I won't go into
details. :-(

I won't own another cockatiel. They are incredible, loving little birds
and it hurts too much to lose them. Besides, Freya the cockatoo is very
demanding for attention and I really don't have the time for another
bird. This one is quite enough. ;-)
--
Peace, Om.