Old 03-03-2006, 03:12 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet

Default OT: Cats and Parrots (was Cats are evil (not off-topic))

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

I didn't say you were an idiot, but there are many others who are
complete idiots and who think a parrot is a cute toy which talks.
Well, they aren't. They require a great deal of care and attention.

Too damned true!
Many insane parrots end up in rescue, permanently bald from boredom
picking. :-( Ass holes that lock them in small cages for show are just
plain evil and clueless. That's why when we decided Freya had to be
confined, we took the time and trouble to build her that large Aviary.
It only cost us $400.00 to build out of 1" x 2" aviary wire and chain
link fence poles.

I wasn't saying it so much for your sake, as I've known you from this
newsgroup for many years. I was saying it for people who are saying
it's fine to hold cats and birds together and nothing ever happens,
etc. While nothing may have happened YET, it's almost always a horror
story. If you ever want to discuss this to help you make an informed
decision, I would be more than happy to discuss it with you...really.

But it's not all doom and gloom. It depends a LOT on the animals in
question. All of them are different.

There are no absolutes. It IS possible for them to live in harmony, and
it's possible also for it to end in disaster... JJ becoming buddies with
the cats was a gradual thing, and happened over time under supervision.

I'm a dudette! I'm Victoria. I stopped signing my posts because I
had a stalker and someone ended up at my door one day.

That sucks, and is also the reason I changed my posting name, and quit
posting my ebay auctions in my sig. I could be traced via an ebay bid as
info. is available to ebay bidders...
--
Peace, Om.