Old 03-03-2006, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Crazy Dog

Default Lidl Gardening Bargains

"Jonathan" wrote in message
Did anyone manage to get the Lidl garden bargains?

I got lucky this time, and, even by lunchtime, managed to get what I

wanted.
But only just. There was one chap, who I've seen at Lidl before, with no
less that 18 of the polytunnels in his basket.
He really didn't look the type to be planting fruit and veg - no doubt

it'll
end up on a market stall 2 hours later for £7.
I couldn't find any more, but the manager helped me find the two I wanted
which had slipped down behind the racking.

I'm 100% certain I'm going to hear the "free market economy" thing, but if
other stores can impose "fair quantity" limits, why not Lidl?

Bottom line is, the quality of the spade, rake, pruner and gloves seems
quite solid, and at least it's not made in a sweatshop in a brutal

communist
regime, which is always the danger with cheap tools these days.

Luckily I called in on my local branch, at lunchtime the day before the
gardening stuff was due to be available, to find out their opening times. It
was already being put out on display and I managed to get almost everything
I wanted without having to queue.

I'm very pleased with the fork, rake and hoe. The cold frames are a bit
tacky but they'll do the job for a year or two.

--
Crazy Dog
(Short of storage space so my car is now a shed)