Old 14-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default fish emulsion

Shiva wrote regarding fish emulsion:

I sure thing have NEVER seen FE at Home Depot or any other simlar store,
and I am always all over the gardening stuff.

I've seen it at the Lowes on Roxboro Road in Durham. I can't remember
the bottle colour but do remember seeing it on a lower shelf. The guys
in the gardening section have learned to leave me alone as I slowly go
over all the shelves, picking up bottles and reading labels to see
what's the latest and greatest. Then, I buy osmocote. *grin* My s.o.
and my neighbors would kill me for the fish emulsion scent. Then again,
I would have to wear a respirator as the scent makes me nauseous when
it's "fresh".

Anyone else use the Peter's rose spikes? They're often hard to find
here but my roses seem to like them. I started using them last year and
saw a big difference fairly quickly in the condition of my roses.
Granted, I also use a multi-fertilizer approach.

Here's hoping that we don't suffer another major power outage with the
ice storm predicted for this Sunday in NC! December we spent five and a
half days without power. Thinking about that, I probably ought to make
some bread tonight or tomorrow.

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu