Old 03-03-2006, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian

Default Luxury of a septic tank!

As children [and since mine] we had a large house with a row of
five,outside, earth toilets in a 'Wendy house'. No we never sat side by
side but we did have our own seat ~~[quite hygienic] ours was lower than
those for the adults. It backed onto a small garden and the spoil, dug out
from the rear of the building, was spread in a running trench by the
gardener.
Second week in May, every year, produced a lovely crop of 'gift
wrapped' new potatoes!! Totally organic.
The Wendy house still stands but we do now have running water and the
frills.
Best Wishes Brian.